Our Founder President-Mr. RAKESH GAUR
Our Founder President Mr. Rakesh Gaur is an Administrator, Social Activist and a creative writer. He is Master of Commerce, Bachelor of Law, Bachelor in Journalism and Mass Communication and holds Diploma in Personnel Management and Labour Welfare.
He is a State Civil Services Officer, presently serving as Officer on Special Duty to Minister of Labour, Govt. of NCT of Delhi. He has experience of around 36 years in Personnel and Civil Administration. He has worked in different capacities in many departments under Govt. of NCT of Delhi and Government of India.
He has experience of working with cross sections of civil society. Contributed in the efforts of Govt. of NCT of Delhi to bring more transparency and accountability in the working of different departments.
Rakesh was instrumental in forming Udisha in the year 1997 with few other Administrators, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, Academecians and Social Activists. It was granted special consultative status with the Economic Social Commission of the United Nations in 2007. Udisha is a Coalition Partner of Women’s World Summit Foundation/ Geneva (WWSF) and the Laureate of International Award (First Prize) conferred by WWSF for Innovative Practices for Prevention of Child Abuse.
Under his guidance Udisha has collaborated with various organizations like, Women’s World Summit Foundation/ Geneva, Caretakers of Environment International, ISPCAN, CIVICUS, ICSW etc. At national level, Udisha has organized programs with sponsorship/ support of Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Environment, National and Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights, National Commission for Women etc.
He was awarded Scholarship under Group Study Exchange Program of Rotary Foundation of Rotary International. He is also Founder President of Rotary Foundation Alumni Association, District 3010/New Delhi, India.
He has worked as Honorary Directory (Projects) in Caretakers for Environment/India, a national branch of a Netherland based Organizations, for three years.
Conferences and Seminars
- He had led a delegation of students and teachers for participation and project presentation in Global Environmental Youth Convention, 2000 held in Lund/Sweden under the auspices of University of Lund/Sweden and Caretaker of Environment International/ Netherland.
- International Youth Tourism Conference.
- NGO Forum-2000, Geneva.
- Conference Paper on “Socio-economic aspects of Solar Energy” approved for International Conference on Renewal Energy, Miami, USA and published in Conference Proceedings.
- Presented a Paper on prevention of Child Abuse in International Conference on Social Welfare held in June, 2010 in Hong Kong.
- Attended the Smart City Expo held in Kyoto, Japan in May, 2015.
- Attended the 63rd Meeting of the UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women held in Geneva in February, 2016.
- Attended the third session of the Preparatory Committee of Habitat III (PrepCom3) in Surabaya, Indonesia from 26th July to 28th July, 2016.
Journalistic & Creative Writing
Having a flair for creative writing in Hindi. Freelance Journalist and got many articles, reports and interviews, current issues on youth, social and behavioral issues published in leading daily and magazines like, Navbharat Times, Sarita, Mukta, Grih Shobha etc.